Phew!

5:11 PM Posted In , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
That is pretty much the only word that sums up my intense day.

My job is not physically demanding like other jobs out there, but you could never accuse it of NOT being mentally demanding. I spend 10 hours a day handling patient accounts for a eight story, two hundred and fifty bed+ hospital. I love my job but man oh man. When my fellow office guru decides to call me at 7:05am and tell me that she won't be in today, and Mondays are our busiest day phone-wise, I just knew my day would be anything but boring.

To me it felt as though the phone just never seemed to quit ringing, especially this afternoon. I love to take patient calls, even when they're mean, because no matter what I know I am helping (even if they don't recognize it) in some way. But I also have other duties I have to fulfill and when you are manning a huge hospital's customer service line almost completely alone you are bound to get frustrated, frazzled and altogether mentally fried. I walked out of work today feeling as though my brain could have seeped out of my already pained ears (as I have as sinus infection).

I guarantee you I will be talking about HCFAs and UBs in my sleep. I will snore CPT codes and HCPCs and in the morning I will wake up brushing the charge codes out of my teeth. But although I complain (as it provides a bit of mental release) I am thankful each and every moment for my job. I am not going to take it for granted at all in todays economy where people are fighting to keep minimum wage jobs. So before I lay myself to bed I will make sure to pray for those seeking jobs, those losing jobs and those who still have their jobs. I will pray for their endurance to keep looking, their faith in God and the fact that he will not ask them to carry more than they can bear and for improvement financially for our country as a whole.

So... I will leave you with this food for thought...

Our talents are the gift that God gives to us... What we make of our talents is our gift back to God.

0 comments: